Society demand for improvement of the quality of public service and welfare has increased along with the complexity of the society’s needs. Meanwhile, the government as the sole actor in state administration encounters the crisis of capability to meet society demand. The country’s hegemony reflected on the dominance of the country’s role in every aspect of life has led to the failure of the country to actualize public welfare. In view of such phenomenon, the paradigm that considers the government as the sole actor of state administration has shifted to the paradigm of governance. To put it simply, governance can be defined as the governance involving three main actors, namely the government, the private sector and civil society. The complexity of the society and the shift in perspective of the state administration turns the governance into agenda and international standard in the state and business.
For that reason, the academic community of the University of Indonesia deems it necessary to establish the University of Indonesia’s Center for the Study of Governance and Administrative Reform (UI•CSGAR). UI•CSGAR is a transformation of University of Indonesia’s Center for Governance Study (UI-CSG) that was founded in 2009 by academicians and practitioners in the field of governance, business and civil society organizations. In supporting the improvement of governance in the public sector, business and civil society organization, UI•CSGAR conducts studies, capacity improvement, policy advocacy and strategic dissemination related to issues of governance and administrative reform.
UI•CSGAR has a capacity of qualified experts, from academicians and practitioners who have comprehensive knowledge and experience in the field of governance and administrative reform. In addition, UI•CSGAR also has a network of research collaboration with various national and international government agencies, educational institutions, private institutions and the public independent institutions. The establishment of UI•CSGAR is expected to make the University of Indonesia leading in the field of governance and administrative reforms as well as able to contribute to improve the quality of governance, business and civil society in Indonesia.
Prof. Dr. Eko Prasojo, Mag.rer.publ
To be an institution of reference for the study and implementation of the transformation of governance in public, private and civil society sector.
Actualizing Institute for Research and Development that serves as a source of information and reference in the field of governance and administrative reforms both in Indonesia and international world.
Actualizing Innovative, Effective, Efficient and Accountable Indonesian Administration System Transformation based on knowledge and integrity (Knowledge-based Bureaucracy).
Strengthen Partnership of Universities, State/Government Institutions, Private Institutions, and NGOs in the field of Governance and Administration Reform
Actualizing Indonesian Public Policy based on evidence and information (Evidence based Policy).
- Case Writing
- Capacity Building
- System Development
- Policy Development
- Granting and Award
- Workshop and Seminar
- Leveranging Innovation
- Developing Evidence Based Policy
- Indexing Public Services
- Building Learning Hub
- Building Integrated Information System for Public Service
- Component Outcome : Knowledge Based policy fo an Enhanced Public Service Quality
- Developing Integrity Management
- Developing Performance Management
- Developing Competence Based Civil Service
- Supporting Implementation of UU ASN
- Compnent Outcome : High Performing Civil Service
- Business Process Review and Organizational Review
- Strengthening E-Service
- Strengthening Complain Handling System
- Institutionalizing Reform
- Developing and Assessing Public Service Quality
- Component Outcome : Citizen Centered Public Service
- Networking Leaders for Reform
- Strengthening Leadership Role and Competence for Reform
- Nurturing Leaders in Public Service
- Component Outcome : Innovative Leadership for Reform
- Strengthening Public Engagement in Public Service
- Fostering Co-Creation of Public Service Delivery
- Widening Access to Public Service
- Component Outcome : Highly-Engaged Public Services
- Innovative Policies for Improving Public Services Quality
- Increased Public Engagement in Policy Making and Service Delivery